Putting the stockings on
-> see also our instruction videos:
application with open toe: VIDEO
- application with closed toe: VIDEO
Sharp or cracked finger nails, rough skin, sharp-edged rings, bracelets, or wristwatches can damage the sheer knitted fabric of your VENOSAN® medical compression stockings when you are putting them on or taking them off. It is, therefore, advisable to wear perfectly ordinary kitchen gloves. Please proceed as follows:
1. Make sure that neither your feet nor your legs are wet or even damp. Talcum powder can be helpful if necessary.
2. Turn the leg of the stocking inside out down as far as the heel, i.e. except for the foot, the inside of your VENOSAN® stocking must be facing outwards.
3. Use both thumbs to stretch the foot of the stocking open and pull your VENOSAN® stocking over your foot.
4. Grip the upper edge of the stocking and pull it over your heel.
5. Once all the leg of the stocking is above your ankle, reach inside with both thumbs and massage the fabric up your leg with a zigzag movement.